Old 09-01-2007, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Thank you everybody!

In message , Amethyst Deceiver
writes
K wrote:
Red Tomato writes

Red Tomato wrote:

I agree with the bloody pineapple leaves- had some in the bin for
about four months, not going anywhere!!! and I noticed the savoy
cabbage really hangs around as well.

Barbara from

You're not even trying! If you want longevity, try avocado stones,
date stones and wine corks. And the outer network of spines from
defunct cacti ;-)

I keep wine corks as "crocks" for my pots. I will try and remember that
avocado stones work too! Hmm. Will lychee stones also work, do you
think?

I have never used wine corks and we drink wine, so thanks for that. I
shall give it a go. I used to use pieces of polystyrene but they flake
off when you are breaking them up, so I gave up on that one.
--
June Hughes