Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Deciduous fruit and Freezing Temps

If this was March or April I'd say yes, but since it is still very
much in the winter months I'd say no. Apricots are a little cold
tender than peaches and apples, but all of these trees require a
certain length of chill hours to set fruit, anyway. Last year my
peach had a million flowers in spring, but didn't produce one peach
because it never got cold enough for the fruit to set.

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:01:23 GMT, BB
wrote:

I have deciduous fruit trees that are dormant (Peach, apple, apricot). (As
they should be this time of year.) A couple have buds that haven't opened
(big surprise). We are supposed to get temps down into the mid- to upper
20's this weekend with very little possibility of snow.

Question is this: Do the trees need to be protected from such cold
temperatures?

-Bryan