Old 13-01-2007, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Slightly strange tree fern question

"Sacha" wrote in message
One of our tree ferns has an acacia growing out of its trunk. Ray is all
for just cutting it off but I'm hoping/wondering if, it can be carefully
extracted and potted up. I know they often get all kinds of things
growing
out of them but I think this is the first acacia we've had! Has anyone
tried this 'method' of propagation? ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Snap. I extracted two little chaps and potted them up last summer. They have
grown and are now about 6" tall. Apparently there are a lot of different
acacias who hitch rides on tree ferns and I am not certain which one I have
got. Incidentally the ones left on the tree fern are still OK and green.