Old 13-01-2007, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Slightly strange tree fern question

On 13/1/07 18:44, in article
, "DavePoole Torquay"
wrote:
snip
You'll need to dig into the
tree-fern trunk quite deeply to extract the Acacia, but it should
transplant quite easily and the fern is unlikely to suffer from the
experience. You can often get an interesting varieties of native
Australian ferns which germinate on the trunks as well. I've had
Histiopteris incisa, Microsorum diversifolium and Pellaea falcata
appear on mine and all of them were welcome. Ferns such as these
growing on the trunks of tree ferns do no harm whatsoever and can be
left to establish.

Ha! I shall pass this on with great glee!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk