Old 16-01-2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Are home shows worth the cost?

wrote:
Has anyone exhibited at a home and garden show/ home improvement show?
We sell pond supplies over the net. There is a local home show in March

that would give us expousred in a 50 mile radius. the registian is $250

plus joining the local chamber of commerce for $225. With product
samples, catalogs, bussiness cards etc. I'm looking at around $750-
$1000. I'd need to get around $1500 - $2000 in sales over the next 30-
60 days after the show.
Has anyone had good or bad luck with these shows?

Richdeer3 Pond Supplies
Direct email

No experience but sounds like a lot of bucks to do something that could
be much cheaper to do with local newspaper ads. You are also not
accounting for the time you will have to sit at a booth at the show
plus the effort it will take in getting exhibits together. My son's ex
had a craft business where she did a lot of shows and business had only
slight return on investment. Better to concentrate on areas where
return is better.

Frank