Old 16-01-2007, 02:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Are home shows worth the cost?

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone exhibited at a home and garden show/ home improvement show?
We sell pond supplies over the net. There is a local home show in March

that would give us expousred in a 50 mile radius. the registian is $250

plus joining the local chamber of commerce for $225. With product
samples, catalogs, bussiness cards etc. I'm looking at around $750-
$1000. I'd need to get around $1500 - $2000 in sales over the next 30-
60 days after the show.
Has anyone had good or bad luck with these shows?

Richdeer3 Pond Supplies
Direct email

If you're not going to have a retail location, or do installations, I don't
think it makes sense to exhibit at a home show. You'll only be seen by a
tiny fraction of the customers you want. Find out what it costs to put the
smallest possible ad (but more than just a line) in the yellow pages, even
if it's in the same section as pet shops which sell fish.