Old 17-01-2007, 03:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
GreenieLeBrun GreenieLeBrun is offline

Default passion fruit vines dying

Jonno wrote:
My passion fruit vine, being in the middle of severe water
restrictions is showing signs of dying. Dimpled fruit, yellowing limp
leaves and major unhappiness.
If you see fruit going dimpled give it a thorough soak now. Its
probably to late for mine but I'm trying to save it at this point.
Has anyone else got or had this problem?

How old is the vine and what part of the country are you? As I understand it
they have a limited life span of , think, seven or eight years.

We lost our Epacris impressa to the drought even though it is native to
local area and our lemon and apple trees are droping leaves and fruit like
you wouldn't believe - I guess no home grown apples this year but alot of
frozen lemon juice and home made lemonade.