Old 18-01-2007, 01:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default New to Ponds

Thats bullshit...If its dished and swells out it is not going to cut
any channel. A standpipe is mopre prone to leaks from channeling
along it than a earthen bem type overflow properly planted without
lots of drop to it.
Get a clue Jim..your clueless right now and flying by assumption.

On 17 Jan 2007 18:28:27 -0800, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:

Al,

When a pond overflows, you run the risk of a channel being cut on the
dam. An overflow standpipe rsolves that quite well.

Jim

Al Schmidt wrote:
I have just moved into a property with existing pond. Here in Fort Wayne,
IN, it has barely been winter. Lots of rain and moderate temperatures
(30-40). The pond is really filing up, toward over flowing. It is
approximately 1/2 acre in size, maybe larger now... Should there be an over
flow? I will look in spring, assuming that the water level drops. This is a
large pond, recommendations on books to learn from?

Al

-------