Old 24-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Rich Conley

Default Need some plant suggestions plz

Heard Stuartgranti gets pretty big though.....like 7-8 inches...looking for one
that stays in the 4" range.

350X_Rider wrote:

If you want red and blue species, try Aulonocara stuartgranti

but these are the ones I've either got, or getting...
Aulonocara baenschi - yellowish
have Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka Red"
Aulonocara lwanda
Aulonocara stuartgranti - almost any kind is gorgeous...
have Aulonocara stuartgranti "Maleri"

"Rich Conley" wrote in message
Sorry...came off a little like an ass there....what type of peacocks are

you
keeping? Thinking of adding some to the 55..so I'm looking for some

smaller
peacock species...with good blue/red coloration. Any ideas?

350X_Rider wrote:

my bad on the generalization... I have mostly peacocks, should have been
more clear about that.... but my mbunas don't color up unless they're

being
bothered though.... but that's typical mbunas....

"Rich Conley" wrote in message

3. you realize that it's just the males that have color, right? Most
females
are a drab gray/brown earthy tone color...

Thats mostly in peacocks...in most Mbuna, the females are colorful.

Many
species
have no sexual dimorphism, and many have totally different, but

equally
coulorful females (Ps. Salousoi, Ps. Lombardoi "Kenyi", Melanchromis
"Chipokae",
etc.)

If you want info on Africans try the African Cichlid Resource Forum,

or
you
could try Cichlid-forum.com. I currently have a 55 gallon set up, with

8
Yellow
labs, and 6 tiger barbs...the tank is lightly planted..and the only

thing
the
labs seem to do (bright yellow...females too..) is pick the algae off

the
sword
leaves...

Rich