Old 19-01-2007, 05:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
MarineLand MarineLand is offline

Default New to Ponds

Does your wife know you pay women for what you can't get at home? Get back
on your meds Roy Tristan before eveyone knows what you are. Your alreay
looking damn bad in the eyes of the public what with slandering old
women... disabled vets and whoremongering the honky tonks..........

"Tristan" wrote in message

Yet more utter bullshit being spewed there Jim....a ****ing
standpiipe is not necessary.ya got that dumass? Your beating aorund
the bush to try to counter your initial post since it was so far out
in left fild and we sure do know you and the misses of yours hate to
be proven wrong now don't ya!
]

I guess you have a stand pipe at each end so the pond is the same
level across the entire surface huh! dumbass! You just had to attend
the same school as Carol Gulley.......

I wonder why after 20+ yeats my soil is not cut into on my initial
apond with a sod spillway...think I need to go tel my spill way its
suppoes to cut through since it is just sod? Yea, right, I need a
stand pipe........and everyone else if they expect their ponds to come
close to being as perfect as Mr. Jim and Missy Physilss or what the
hell her name is, they need a standpipe......duh! CArol Gulley trained
them for sure!

On 18 Jan 2007 08:18:29 -0800, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:

Gary's suggestion makes good sense. Soilk conservation, fish and game
and your local federal farm folk could probably advise you well. Down
here in MS, they are very helpful. On our pond, recently built, we
have an 8" standpipe and overflow areas at both enda of the dam. The
overflow should only be need for the 'century' rain. Sufficient width
and good grass hold the soil well for an occasional overflow. If you
pond overflows regularly, you do stand a chance of cuts in it. I am
sure your local professionals can and will be glad to advise you.

If you don't have a standpipe now and the dam looks good, that is
surely empirical evidence that the situation has been fairly stable.
Do you know how old the pond is?

Jim

-------