Old 19-01-2007, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default finding orchids

The first thing I try is to Google the orchid name and see who may have it
for sale. The second thing I try (for the cattleya) is to go to some of the
big cattleya houses and see if it is in theior list like Carter and Holmes,
Chadwick, or the Santa Barbara orchid Estate. (You can get Carter and Holmes
from Amazon.com, btw. I think there's a difference in shipping costs
between the C&H web page and the Amazon web page, but check me on that)

The trick will be to find a Horace and not a Horace hybrid.

The Orchid Mall (orchidmall.com) used to have a search feature too.

K Barrett
"gerald" wrote in message
how does one go about finding a particular relatively pedestrian
orchid.

I would like to find a large(4-5") juree red den, and a large (4-6")
c. Horace "maxima".

the den holds up for 6 months, and the cat for 2 months.