Old 20-01-2007, 04:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] thad01@tux.glaci.remove-this.com is offline

Default Square Foot Gardens

Bette wrote:
Hi,

Just wondered how many actually utilize a SFG?
Thanks

I used to have what you might call a square foot garden back when I had
limited space and didn't want to dig up my meager yard with a bunch of
dirt rows. I had a series of 2 ft x 2 ft squares, raised bed with wood
borders and wide grassy areas in-between. Grew some spices, tomatoes,
and peppers... called it my salsa garden. I've seen some people do
similar with paving bricks in the walkways. I prefer grass.

Now I own and live in a big commercial building with no yard but a
big flat roof, so I've turned to hydroponics and potted plants.
Tomatoes and peppers do great with hydroponics. Most of the spices
are better in pots.

Later,

Thad