Old 20-01-2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default WOW I have a Daffodil in my front garden..!

EarthWormJim wrote:
results, please visit http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...hreadid=152408
Question: Have you got any Daffs yet ?

- just leaves
- with flower
- Nowt

just noticed it this morning, with a flower on and everything !!
any one else got any ?
im in N.E near middlesbrough..

it's all gone wrong..

I have none blooming yet but some of my daffodils have well-developed
buds. Some hyacinths are up, a few crocus have sprung, English bluebells
have made a showing, and my hemerocalis are coming out of dormancy. Of
course to make up for that I've had one rhododendron that has been
throwing sporadic blooms all through autumn and into winter and I saw
some Vinca with blooms last week. And to think some people deny that the
climate could possibly be changing...

Oh, and I am located about 41 miles as the buzzard flies SSW of
Middlesboro but the spelling gives away the fact that isn't yours. :-)

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]