Old 20-01-2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Where to register new species found in Malaysia?

One does not register new species.

One has to describe it and have the description published, typically by
individuals having recognized taxonomic authority, and they and you can come
up with the name. Your web page seems to imply that it needs to be a
national authority, but I do not believe that is the case.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
We have some new finds on Cymbidiums and Bulbophyllums in Malaysia.
Where do we get it registered and named?
Pls go to
http://orchidaceae-malaysiana.blogspot.com
to see the species.

Regards,