Old 20-01-2007, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graculus Graculus is offline

Default Copy of letter to the Charity Commission

wrote in message
The Woodland Trust

According to charity data from CaritasData, the Woodland Trust is
spending 46.63% of its voluntary income on fundraising costs while the
Salvation Army spends only 2.11%

What do they spend it on? Not keeping people signed up as members, it would
seem.

For Christmas 2005, someone gave me a year's subscription as a gift. You'd
have thought that when that membership was about to expire, they'd send me
something inviting me to pay up myself in order to keep the membership
going. Nope. Not a thing. An opportunity lost for them. and it would have
been a very cheap renewal for them.