Old 21-01-2007, 01:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Does anyone know Where I can get railway sleepers?

"tina" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going to try and make r raised beds & was told that railway
sleepers are a good material to use.

I have just had a look on 't old internet & can find Mone bros in
Leeds selling them for £23.50 each, which bearing in mind the number
I'll need (about 18) puts it way out of my price range.
£423 can buy a lot of veg :-)

My guess is that as they've been used in a lot of garden makeover
shows the price has gone up some what & there cashing in.

Does anyone know of a Leeds supplier of railway sleepers that sell
them at a more affordable price?

Thanks very much.

That price is not far off the mark. You should be able to find them a bitter
cheaper but not much.
Why do you want to use big,chunky ,heavy sleepers which reduce the size of
the plot? Could you use scaffold boards (preferably second hand) which IMHO
look better and are vastly cheaper.