Old 24-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Pam Moore

Default Lily beetle again

I've found the new-ish stuff called Provado to be quite effective. I
mix up the whole lot at once as directed, put it in deep trays or
buckets & soak all my pots of lilies in turn. Incidentally, I bought
some bulbs of "Black Beauty" lily from Parkers in 2001 - when they
flowered in 2002 they looked somewhat different to those illustrated &
also had no scent, contrary to the description. I queried this with
Parkers & they refunded me, but with no explanation. I'd rather have
had the correct bulbs! Did anyone else grow this lily & have doubts
about it?
paul E.Sussex

Paul, I will never trust Parkers again aftersome bad deals, though
others here sya they are good.

The idea of dunking the pots in a bucket of Provado sounds a good one.
I'll try it. Thanks
Happy gardening
Pam in Bristol
pamdotmoore@virgindotnet