Old 22-01-2007, 12:29 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Carolyn LeCrone Carolyn LeCrone is offline

Default Pond capacity - help needed

A way to "guess" the capacity of the pond is to measure the length and width
of the pond and find their average. This number could approximate a
diameter; divide by two to find a radius. Measure the depth at a low point
and high point and average. Multiply radius times radius times 3.14 times
the depth to find volume. You will have to find a conversion from cubic
feet or inches or whatever to gallons. I don't remember that conversion.
Carolyn
"Julia Royce" wrote in message
I 'inherited' a pond full of fish when I bought our house last year. One of
the fish has developed an ulcer and I have got Bacteradd but the pond is
shaped like a footprint without the toes and I have no idea how to
calculate it's capacity in order to measure the dose. Can anyone help me
with a formula or something?

Thank you very much.