Old 21-01-2007, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
huskies4all huskies4all is offline

Default Moving - how do I take a rose with me?

We're possibly going to be moving in the next 2 weeks (it's January 21
as I write this)

I have a rose that is a family heirloom; it's been passed down for 4
generations via cuttings or diggings, and it's quite important that I
keep this plant. It has *huge* sentimental value.

Some of you may remember it; the story is at:
http://huskies4all.blogspot.com/2005...-rosebush.html

SO, what's the best method for me to move this rose and have it
survive? As of now, there are about 6 canes that are coming up from
the ground.

Should I dig the whole sucker up and move it?
Should I separate all those canes into individual plants?
Should I replant it now? (hard, frozen ground)
Should I store it?
How do I store it?

Help!!