Old 24-03-2003, 09:56 PM
jammer

Default Young tomato plants/ONE UPSIDE DOWN

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:59:41 -0500, Dwight Sipler
wrote:

Well......I'll let you know! If it actually bears fruit, i can't see
it growing UP at all from the weight.

Just for giggles, I am issuing a Prediction:

The tomato plant will bend horizontally in the direction of the best
light (south if both the east and west are not shaded) and grow toward
the edge of the bucket. When it reaches the edge it will turn upward and
grow.

All assuming that you keep it watered and it doesn't freeze.

If it survives long enough it may put out suckers near the hole and you
will have several stems growing up the side of the bucket. However, the
suckers are mechanically weak at the joint to the stem so they may break
off when they get heavy enough.

jammer