Old 24-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Ducks

~ jan wrote:
I didn't get an answer to this when attached on another thread so will try
again. Educated guesses are good too. ;o)

Around the D.pond there is a 2 foot high rope fence around the pond. We
stapled bird netting to the top of the posts around the majority of it and
then held about a 1/4th of it down to the ground with some rocks. One
helper was telling us that she was told the ducks would still walk
underneath the netting. This would mean hopping the lower portion of the
rope, or ducking under (no pun intended). Would the ducks do this? On a
nice day people are walking through this area and I didn't think the ducks
would want to find themselves trapped under that bird netting? What do you
all think? ~ jan

Demon Pond and rope fence can be seen at:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

I can only tell you that the wild ducks and geese won't go
near the ropes tied across a riverside lawn that has
aluminum pie plates tied to the ropes. I'm not sure if it's
the pie plates or the ropes. The ducks stay clear.

--
Bonnie
NJ