Old 24-01-2007, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Wandering Jew problem

Basia Kulesz wrote:
Could you please take a look at this photo
http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/gal...rginiana3.html
and tell me, whether this Tradescantia is indeed 'Osprey'? I've checked the
RHS encyclopedia and the description does not mention any shadowing on the
petals and the photo shows snowy white flower with a bunch of slightly
violet stamens in the middle. Still, I've also googled and pictures on the
net differe very largely, most showing at least traces of shadowing.

Hi Barbara. I'm not expert on tradescantia - but the T. virginia is
usually blue. The T. osprey is white just like your picture and the
many others I've found. However, the T. virginia (which is not) on your
picture has lacy longer petals than the T. osprey I have seen. HTH