Old 25-01-2007, 09:18 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,rec.gardens,sci.chem
George.com George.com is offline

Default European Wasps?

"George.com" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
European Wasps?

Please do not ask me to:
- Contact my local Council
- Contact a European Wasp Hotline
- Build a European Wasp Trap

I want to be clear on these matters.

I am trying to find out if there is any type of insecticide powder /
liquid that can be lightly coated (or thoroughly mixed) on mince meat,
so European Wasps will be willing to eat the meat.....and most
importantly.....take it back to their nests? The trick is not to repel
them from the meat. I know that European Wasps love eating mince meat,
but is there anything even MORE attractive to them? Something that
would send them crazy with hunger.

- Mince meat + sugar?
- Mince meat + jam?
- Mince meat + honey?
- Tinned pet food?
- A specific type of tinned pet food that is most attractive?
- Tinned pet food with any of the above mixtures?

What would happen if you put some mince meat in a plastic zip-loc bag,
and sprayed copious amounts of fly spray inside, then thoroughly mixed
it in?

Any advice at all?

http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/re..._wasp_trap.asp
http://alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/Depa...wjacket50.html