Old 25-01-2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
huskies4all huskies4all is offline

Default Moving - how do I take a rose with me?

Thank you all for the great information! I will follow your
instructions when I move, and hopefully the plant will live. It is
quite dormant right now, with not much hint of any sort of life (If I
didn't know better, it'd look dead to me) so hopefully that will
increase it's chances. Should be fun trying to get it out of the
ground. Not only is it hard and frozen, the rose has absolutely
terrifying deadly daggers instead of thorns. It's also about 10 feet
tall at the moment, so there will be some sort of cutting back just to
make it manageable.