Old 24-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Hussein M.

Default birds/ Red Kites

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:05:25 +0000, wrotc:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:38:38 -0000, "K" wrote:

I've counted up to a dozen circling around when I've been on the M4 near
Hungerford. You can almost guarantee to see them in that area.

Also on the M40 between High Wycombe and Stokenchurch.

It's managed to intrigue me again - with a lot of help from you guys
- so I went off and found this on the web;
THE YORKSHIRE RED KITE PROJECT
http://www.nature.harrogate.net/features/redkite.htm

Wonderful ! - now I am reminded of first introduction:

In the fifteenth century they had been protected under royal charter,
being highly valued for their habit of feeding on refuse in urban
streets.

etc etc

Huss
Grow a little garden