Old 23-03-2003, 12:32 AM
CK

Default birds/ Red Kites

I am delighted to tell you and anyone that is interested that Huss is out of date
regarding the Red Kite population.
There are now Red Kites in several places in the UK other that Wales.
I fact in 2001 121 pairs bred in the Chilterns and raised over 200 young according to
the RSPB.
I have been lucky enough to see for myself the magnificent sight of about thirty
circling over a field on the Chilterns!
Regards,
Chris from Somerset.

Old 23-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Hussein M.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:32:01 -0000, "CK"
wrotc:

I have been lucky enough to see for myself the magnificent sight of about thirty
circling over a field on the Chilterns!

Well that's good news Chris!

I'm not at all a "birdie" but was quite captivated by a TV
documentary I saw once upon a time.

Hussein
Grow a little garden
Old 23-03-2003, 11:44 AM

:
: I have been lucky enough to see for myself the magnificent sight of about
thirty
: circling over a field on the Chilterns!
:
: Well that's good news Chris!
:
: I'm not at all a "birdie" but was quite captivated by a TV
: documentary I saw once upon a time.
:
: Hussein
: Grow a little garden

I've counted up to a dozen circling around when I've been on the M4 near
Hungerford. You can almost guarantee to see them in that area.

Old 23-03-2003, 09:08 PM

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:38:38 -0000, "K" wrote:

I've counted up to a dozen circling around when I've been on the M4 near
Hungerford. You can almost guarantee to see them in that area.

Also on the M40 between High Wycombe and Stokenchurch.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk
Old 24-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Hussein M.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:05:25 +0000, wrotc:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:38:38 -0000, "K" wrote:

I've counted up to a dozen circling around when I've been on the M4 near
Hungerford. You can almost guarantee to see them in that area.

Also on the M40 between High Wycombe and Stokenchurch.

It's managed to intrigue me again - with a lot of help from you guys
- so I went off and found this on the web;
THE YORKSHIRE RED KITE PROJECT
http://www.nature.harrogate.net/features/redkite.htm

Wonderful ! - now I am reminded of first introduction:

In the fifteenth century they had been protected under royal charter,
being highly valued for their habit of feeding on refuse in urban
streets.

etc etc

Huss
Grow a little garden