Old 25-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Shepherd

Default Hedges

There is a hedge plant used here in Dallas that I want to put completely
around my fences and form a very private courtyard effect. I have one of the
plants and I intend to take a stem of it to the local nursery this week end
to find out it's name and a little about it.

In the mean time I thought some of you on this newsgroup might identify the
plant and give me some thought on its use.

The hedge is evergreen. In the spring the leaves turn deep red and it puts
out balls of white flowers. It seems to only put on growth in the early
spring, but then it grows like mad. I have seen hedges trimmed to about 10
feet high and about 4 feet wide.

I wonder what the name of this hedge is, is it easy to grow and reproduce
and will it be too aggressive and invade my neighbors property, and any
other information, pro or con you may have about this plant.

Thanks,

Shepherd