Old 28-01-2007, 07:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default Clear Pond Water

Potaroo wrote:
At last my pond water has cleared; no more algae problems.
After using the local wild oats along the back roads of the Hawkesbury the
femention has worked. A big problem since it is not filtered and has a
couple of resident Koi among other local small fish species and frogs.
I can now enjoy the fish at 15 inches below the surface plus the fery water
plants etc.
IT WORKS!!

Great it pays to have a good memory.....Thats how I remembered this
method. Never been on a farm in my life but I remember asking why the
straw bales and got the answer you needed. Beats messy and dangerous
chemicals..Why it works, not sure myself. Maybe its as you say
fermentation..........