Old 28-01-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill jtill is offline

Default The battle of the scale (not the diet kind)Need name plz

"Fog Effects
When you place dry ice into some warm or hot water, clouds of white
fog are created. This white fog is not the CO2 gas, but rather it is
condensed water vapor, mixed in with the invisible CO2. The extreme
cold causes the water vapor to condense into clouds. The fog is heavy,
being carried by the CO2, and will settle to the bottom of a
container, and can be poured. You can produce enough ground - hugging
fog to fill a medium sized room with a pound or so of dry ice. Do not
allow anyone to lay down in this fog, or allow babies or pets into it,
as CO2 gas does not support life. " Quoted from the web........

If (when) I had/have a green house I would/will seal the bottom 6 foot
or so as best I could and put a tub of water in the center and throw
one pound chunks of dry ice in it till the fog was 6 foot deep and
keep at it for a while. Seems a cheap way to kill everything but
plants in a greenhouse. Be sure to tie the grand kids to a bedstead
during the "kill-a-thon" ;-))
Joe T

On Jan 26, 9:59?pm, "wendy7" wrote:
Yes Thanks