Old 28-01-2007, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Salix Caprea "Kilmarnock"

On 28/1/07 14:01, in article , "Alan
Harrison" wrote:

Hello All,

I have just joined the news group and this is my first message.

I have a Salix Caprea "Kilmarnock" which I am fond of just near the
front door. It is about six years old. It is now about 6 foot high
and about 6 foot diameter. I would like to reduce it in height and
would like guidance on the best way to do this.

They're grafted so I don't see how you could do that. You could prune the
weeping stems but not the main trunk. It's probably better to see if you
can dig it up (with a large root ball) and move it. Or cut it down and start
again. Is it blocking access to the door or can you live with it rather
than risk losing it?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk