Old 28-01-2007, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Help!

Wait until the keiki (Hawaiian for "baby") has grown its own roots - about
3"-4" in total length is good - then remove it and pot it up.

"chompie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there!

I bought an orchid last spring. I don't know what kind it is but it's
pretty hearty. Prob is, there is a whole second plant starting to grow
near the top of one stem of the plant. Is there anyway to separate
this from the original plant and root it?

Sorry to sound so ignorant but that's precisely what I am.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

chompie