Old 29-01-2007, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Does anyone know Where I can get railway sleepers?

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:58:40 +1300, "George.com"
wrote:
George, Your right I have found a couple of sites selling garden
sleepers, snag is they are £20 each, plus delivery.

Your country must not have been influenced by all the garden make over
tv shows like the UK.

But thanks for the reply.

Welcome to Rip Off Britain.

"tina" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks for looking Janet.

I need 18 so using the links you gave me the cheapest one on your list
will charge me over £600 which for me is way out of my price range.

You can buy a lot of veg for £600.
Thanks to all those ponsy garden makeover programs the price looks to
have gone up somewhat over the last 5 years.

http://www.gardenclever.com/index.as...AYCAT&catid=15
http://www.railwaysleeper.com/
http://www.salvo.co.uk/timber/forsale.html
http://www.kayser-uk.com/default.asp?contentID=3
http://www.avsfencing.co.uk/products.asp?ID=7&USERID=
http://www.sleeper-supplies.co.uk/te...b6d8a33dbaa325
c468cea14fbaa

do pom garden centres stock garden sleepers? Not railway, rather general
purpose garden sleepers. Usually 150mm x 100 or 200mm x 100 by 2.1 m or 1.4
m long. Wood used here is often cum, macrocapa or pine. They usually go for
$15 (5 pounds)a sleeper from a wholesale or $25 (8-9 pounds) in a garden
centre. Way cheaper than railway sleepers and untreated.

rob