Old 30-01-2007, 11:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Horn Fertiliser

"TACAN" wrote in message

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the

results
good, bad or indifferent?

By "horn manure" do you mean the Biodynamic fluid which is made after
burying manure filled cow horns in the soil and then used to make
Formula 500?

Where would I find a supplier in Australia. I recently tried to buy

two
small packs of 85g each from someone (Australian company, but

sorry - truly
can't remember who) but they insisted on a $55.00 joining fee before

I could
purchase the packs which cost only about $4 or $5 each. Was just

going to
trial the brew to what the result might be.
Reading some of the on-line literature it looks quite promising.

If it is the material used to make Formula 500, then I think you'd
have to go the whole hog into Biodynamics to really give it a decent
test as from teh reading I've done on Biodynamics it doesn't seen to
be a system where you can just use bits and pieces of the process - it
seems to be a boots and all system.