Old 30-01-2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default CO2 and scale insects experiment

On 28 Jan 2007 08:50:25 -0800 in .com jtill wrote:
Lack of O2 should kill eggs also, don't know how long it would take. I
have read of this treatment all over the forums, some use washtubs,
fish bowls, etc. Open top containers would need a still place. I plan
to try it soon, in a washtub.

I think I dug up a study on this (targetted pests were
spider mites, thrips, and fungus gnats) the first time around.
As my ever failing memory serves, it took 12 hours to get rid of
mites and most thrips, 24 hours to kill mite eggs, fungus gnats
were oblivious to the attempts to kill them..
All kinds of dire warnings went out about filling the entire greenhouse
:-).

N2 atmosphere did more plant damage than CO2 atmosphere, and they went
the route of gas bottles and sensors.
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up