Old 30-01-2007, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Rope for garden use

We're currently putting up some posts which will have rope swagged between
them for the support of roses, clematis etc. We've found a wonderful place
on Exmoor that does supplies of all sorts of rope of different materials and
diameters and will be ordering from there. We've been sent photos of
different uses, one of which is as rope trellis against a fence and we're
going to use that against a wall because it will be easy to unhook it and
paint behind it when the time comes. It's also extremely attractive. There
is also a photo of a fabulous 'cobweb' of rope used to roof a gazebo.
Plants are growing up the gazebo and along and through the rope roof,
dangling into it in the most entrancing way.
From time to time we see enquiries about rope on here and IMO, this is a
real 'find'.
http://www.traditionalropecompany.co.uk/
--