Old 25-03-2003, 05:56 AM
gregpresley

Default Transplanting lupines

I had heard that these are rather tricky to grow, so I planted the seeds
given to me by a friend - (I'm sure they're the purple variety of Russel
Hybrids)- quite thickly. But a great many of them sprouted and survived the
winter, and now are too close together. (Thye are all looking very healthy
and vigorous - about 6-10 inches high alreay. I'd like to transplant some
and give some away, but I'm not if this is recommended for this perennial,
as I've heard that it grows a taproot. Has anyone had experience (positive
or negatvie) and/or advice to give about successfully transplanting lupines?