Old 31-01-2007, 09:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Horn Fertiliser

"TACAN" wrote in message
Virgin poster to this group ....

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the

results
good, bad or indifferent?

Where would I find a supplier in Australia. I recently tried to buy two
small packs of 85g each from someone (Australian company, but sorry -

truly
can't remember who) but they insisted on a $55.00 joining fee before I

could
purchase the packs which cost only about $4 or $5 each. Was just going

trial the brew to what the result might be.
Reading some of the on-line literature it looks quite promising.

stuff cow poop in horn, bury in the soil over winter, lift in the spring.
Stirred in water for an hour and sprayed on to pastures. Only mix the amount
that you can apply within an hour. Spraying rates are 61.25g in 30l of water
per hectare. Usually applied during spring and autumn. Sprayed during a
descending period of the moon in the afternoon. If you have time to wait,
for $55 make your own.

rob