Old 25-03-2003, 06:32 AM
~ jan

Default Ducks

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:45:26 GMT, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

I can only tell you that the wild ducks and geese won't go
near the ropes tied across a riverside lawn that has
aluminum pie plates tied to the ropes. I'm not sure if it's
the pie plates or the ropes. The ducks stay clear.

Yes, these are wild ducks, and that is my understanding too. One of the
remedies for keeping ducks off a boat dock is to make a short rope or wire
fence at the perimeter. I guess the ducks won't hop it from the water. I
was hoping the same from ground level too. Otherwise, pie plates or all
those AOL free CDs may have to be consider. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a