Old 25-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Mike

Default For Mike, red roses

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, "Allegra" wrote:
Hello Mike,

All right. I decided that you need trouble.
And I mean Trouble with a capital T.
I just got the new Classic Roses (The
Peter Beales Collection) catalogue and
indeed as they so aptly proclaim: a Treasury
of more than 1300 roses.

You must get this catalogue. It is by far the
best layout of any I have (Beloved accuses
me of having every one that has ever been printed
and that is perhaps a slight exaggeration but that
happens to be "a guy sort of thing" mixture of
reproach and admiration or something like that)
Anyway, trust me about this one, it gives the
roses by color and by size, and the photos are
gorgeous.

Thought of you as soon as I hit the red roses
pages. Start saving. I decided there are a couple
I can probably get this coming fall after the ones
who refuse to perform - if any - are shown the door.
If they all perform, I will move the fence a couple
of feet in the middle of the night.

www.classicroses.co.uk

Just in case you have insomnia one of these nights ;)

Allegra
(who cannot bear to get in trouble by herself)

PS: Unique Too, you stay out of this BG

Hi Allegra,

Hey! Why do I need trouble? I had to call ditech just to procure this
season's roses! Just what are you trying to accomplish here, missy?

I'll order the catalogue, of course. Thanks for the heads up!

Is insomnia common among rosarians? I've noticed on more than a few
occasions that more posts show up after midnight than during the day. I
mean, yeah *just in case* g I like to poke around ARE's website, too.
Nice layout and some good stuff. One thing I noticed on Peter Beale's (yes,
I already peeked before responding) - what the heck is a pimpinellifolia??
I've never heard of that before.

Next time BH rolls his eyes over your rose obsession, ask him if you can
have too many tools. Roses/ tools. All is one and one is all. Goo goo ga
joob.

Mike
z8TX