Old 31-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Alan Harrison Alan Harrison is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane
Alan Harrison wrote:
Hello All,

I have just joined the news group and this is my first message.

I have a Salix Caprea "Kilmarnock" which I am fond of just near the
front door. It is about six years old. It is now about 6 foot high
and about 6 foot diameter. I would like to reduce it in height and
would like guidance on the best way to do this.

Alan Harrison.

Better to dig it up and move it. And, in future, to find out the size
things grow before you position them! Saves a lot of effort later on. If
you reduce its height drastically you will spoil its habit and its
shape. And it will grow again!
Jane & Pam,

I may have to move it later but I'd like to try to prune it first. Many thanks for your help.

Alan.