Old 31-01-2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default CO2 and scale insects experiment

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:14:57 -0800 in K Barrett wrote:
OK, I guess I don't understand this stuff at all anymore. If 1 atmosphereic
pressure = 101.325kPa, then what does it matter if you introduce CO2 at 7kPa
or 50kPa? What's the kPa of CO2 in ambient air anyway?

Partial pressure.
As an atmosphere is a mixture of gases, this is the pressure if all gasses
except the one in question were removed from a given volume.

I hate citing wikipedia but...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_pressure
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up