Old 31-01-2007, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned ned is offline

Default pond primer

"BoyPete" wrote in message
solaara wrote:
BoyPete Wrote:
solaara wrote:-
I have a large wooden half barrel, which I want to put fish

in...I
had
problems before when several fish died..I thought it was a

residue
from the port wine that had been stored in the barrel...I've

cleaned
and dried it out..Is there anything I can paint it with to stop

the
same thing happening again?...........-

There is a product called G4, which is for sealing fibreglass

ponds.
I don't
know if it would work on wood.
Give Bradshaws a ring...........

http://tinyurl.com/2ae46c

and ask. I assume you will be filtering?
HTH

--
ßôyþëtë

I am going to filter and I will give Bradshaws a try.....Thanks

for
suggestion!... Solaara

Had another thought. If we are going to experience hot summers like

last
year, you might like to think about an air pump feeding one or two
airstones. With no plants (I assume) and not a lot of water surface

area,
you could have oxygen starved fish. HTH

If there is a filter, the filtered circulation water will oxygenate
the water when it re-enters.
My fish have survived 13+ years on that assumption.
But then, they are higgorint. They don't know about airstones.
:-)

--
ned