Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default Magnifying glass

On Feb 1, 6:48 am, "Pat Brennan" wrote:
Gene,

For most of my magnification needs I use a zoom binocular dissecting
microscope (10X - 25X, both top and bottom light). I have a good
triplet somewhere but rarely use it because I like the scope so much
better. New these things are big bucks, but if you are not in a
hurry, deals on used ones can be found. I have seen them go for well
under $50 at state auctions and between $75 and $300 on eBay.

Pat beat me to the suggestion of dissecting 'scope. American Science
and Surplus www.sciplus.com has a very good binocular model for
about $225 or a monocular model for about $60

As Pat mentions, they are available on eBay.

Nikon makes a nice, very portable field microscope, but it is several
hundred bucks, IIRC.

J. Del Col