Old 01-02-2007, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default Moving - how do I take a rose with me?

"huskies4all" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jan 26, 8:37 am, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"huskies4all" wrote in message
ps.com...
It's also about 10 feet
tall at the moment, so there will be some sort of cutting back
just
to make it manageable.

I don't envy you that task. I think I could manage
the bush (with heavy pruning beforehand); I'm not
sure about the frozen ground part.

Our move date got moved back to a week from this coming Saturday
(house isn't ready yet) so I still have some time. I did make a
website for the rose, 'cuz I'm a nerd like that ;-) So if anyone's
interesed, its http://huskies4all.googlepages.com/rose - it has some
much more current pictures, though not any of it right now at it's
"height" of growth. I plan on documenting this move with pics and
pages, so it may have some more stuff later!

CJ

Nice photos. Those blooms look really familiar,
but I can't place them. Maybe one of the old
garden roses? Do keep us informed. Given
your previous success bringing the bush back
from the "dead", I suspect you'll be equally
successful in this move!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA