Old 01-02-2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default CO2 and scale insects experiment

In article .com,
says...
Chris, here is a site that gives the kill time for CO2.

http://postharvest.ucdavis.edu/Ipm/c...001/I_SUMA.pdf

It ruined my plans to us CO2 when moving my plants outside this
spring. This site and others give kill time in DAYS, like 7 to 14, for
two spotted mites! Well, back to the drawing board for me. ;-))
Joe T

I notice that many of the tests cited in that document were done at cold
temperatures where the insect's oxygen consumption will be minimal. At
warmer temps the kill times will be less. For example, for a certain
kind of thrip at 0 decrees C the 100% kill time is 8 days but at 24 it
is 1 day.

--
Peter Aitken