Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Hand pollination - bunny's tail

When I was a boy my grandfather taught me to cross fertilise stuff (can't
remember what now!) with a bunny's tail.

Having mislaid my forementioned tail (!) some years ago, I have since tried
all sorts of small paint brushes for use with greenhouse-grown melons... but
they just don't seem to be quite right for the job.

Any comments on this please?

Incidently, we have lived in a part of Dorset for many years where the 'R'
word (**bb**) is strictly taboo. It is believed this came about because the
animlas caused dangerous earth / rock falls around local quarries where most
villagers then worked.

Keith