Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] snoozerwoozer2@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default compost bin

On Jan 31, 11:18 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On 29 Jan 2007 04:37:05 -0800, "

wrote:
Im making an effort to recycle pretty much all my vegatitive waste but
am new to composting. I've only a small garden and don't really want
to have a 220l compost bin in my garden which seems to be the standard
size. Does anyone know of any smaller bins around? I can't seem to
find them on the internet atall. I'm in the UK.

What I have done is get an old plastic dustbin, now succeeded by an
old slim swing-top bin; remove lid, turn upside down, cut out bottom,
so the base is wider than the top and can be easily lifted off.
It is enough formost of my kitchen waste and is assisted by
occasional doses of activator of whatever sort you have available.
The free sort is best!

Pam in Bristol

Thankyou all for your excellent suggestions. I've found a 170L compost
bin which is slightly smaller than the B&Q 200L and there is also this
which may be of interest to other people

http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=LS2004D

But from what I gather there is no point in having such a small
compost bin. So I will probably plump for the 170L and try and
disguise it!
Once again, thanks for your help.