Old 02-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Gringo Gringo is offline
Registered User

Question Vegetables

I am doing some modifications to my garden by introducing a small orchard as reported in the previous thread.
I also intend to make a small vegetable patch and would seek advice on the preparation needs of the ground from lawn.?
I also intend to grow potatoes, which are the best tubers to buy ?
What other vegetables come in tubers ?
Is it successful to grow from seed,I was thinking of Beetroot,carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, onions,peppers,cucumber, lettuce, courgettes, tomatoes and the like such or is it to much of a gamble.?
As there is only my wife and I, what size of area would be needed, I realise it would depend on the types of vegetables, but approximate will be a start.
All help will be appreciated
We live in the North West of England, but the weather like other places in the UK seems to be getting warmer
Finally, I hope this does not breach the rules of the forum, but who are the best suppliers to go to for purchase in the UK ?