Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Fruit Trees

Gringo wrote:
I am in the throes of replanting 4 existing 5/6 feet high fruit trees
which will form part of an 8 tree orchard, I would be very grateful for
advice on the additional 4 trees which I intend to purchase .
The trees which will be replanted are, Apple,Pear, Apricot and Plum, I
was tempted to go for , Grape, Peach,Cherry and Blackberry, are these
only bush type or can you get a type which would be a climber, say onto
a stout stake.
Please excuse my ignorance but I am experimenting in my older age
Very important I live in the North West of England,however we have over
the past couple of years enjoyed like other places a change in climate

Grape is a vine and climbs, blackberries are brambles, some climb, some
are upright. All the rest are fruit trees. Many of which require a
pollenator. HTH

George