Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 AM posted to aus.gardens
Peter[_1_] Peter[_1_] is offline

Default Horn Fertiliser

TACAN wrote:
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"TACAN" wrote in message

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the

results
good, bad or indifferent?

By "horn manure" do you mean the Biodynamic fluid which is made after
burying manure filled cow horns in the soil and then used to make
Formula 500?

Apologies to everyone for late reply (have been a bit off-track lately) and
thanks also for all advice.

Yes the horn manure is the bio-dynamic fluid I had been reading about.
Actually saw a documentary on ABC TV many years ago - they reported the
whole process of stuffing the cow horns with manure, burying it when the
moon was full (or something like that) and digging it x months later.
Truly interesting (and different).

What is this Formula 500 brew?? and where would I buy it?
Have google searched this one & can only pick up references to formula 500
racing cars. :-)

Certainly a fascinating and interesting approach to gardening, agriculture
etc but unfortunately I dont have too much of the time and $$ to go down
this track

Cheers
Graham

just testing to see if i can reply to this group, been having a few
troubles with outlook, so now have thunderbird

Cheers